- The submission of registration applications.
- The preparation of, and on-line submission of, monthly/quarterly returns and EC Sales Lists.
- Reviewing contractual VAT clauses.
- Attending VAT inspections.
- Carrying out VAT reviews
- Negotiating and agreeing partial exemption methods.
- UK VAT reclaims for non-UK businesses.
- Non-UK VAT reclaims for UK businesses.
We offer full US tax preparation service and support, including the preparation and filing of IRS Form 1065 with related Schedule K-1s plus and issuance of PFIC statements for US investors in offshore funds.
We fully understand the importance of delivering K-1s. An intimate knowledge of hedge funds, private equity funds and fund of funds structures means that our team can effectively and efficiently work through the fund’s tax issues and deliver results. We work with all clients to personalise the tax services they require.
- US and state tax returns.
- Maintenance of tax allocation schedules by investor.
- K-1 preparation and distribution.
- Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) Annual Information Statements and related shareholder allocations.
- Expertise relating to PFICs, Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBAR), Foreign Corporations (Form 5471) and Foreign Partnerships (Form 8865).
- Foreign Disregarded Entities (Form 8858) and related issues.
An intimate knowledge of hedge funds, private equity funds and fund of funds structures means that our teams in Australia can effectively and efficiently work through a fund’s tax issues and deliver results. We works with all clients to tailor the tax services they require.
- Maintaining tax cost base for open security transactions.
- Tracking and allocating income and expense by tax characteristic including source of income; capital gains tax method; foreign tax credits and dividend franking credits.
- Calculation of Distributions consistent with fund mandates and Australian Tax requirements.
- Calculation of Withholding tax on distribution for investors where required.
- AIIR Returns
- Issuance of Tax distribution statements.
- Calculation of RITC for Business Activity Statements.
- Lodgement of quarterly TFN returns.
- Note: All tax records, distribution calculations and tax reporting services are subject to review and/ or submission to ATO by an appointed Tax advisor.
For more information, contact your local office: Locations
As regulation across the funds industry increase in complexity and tax laws evolve, it is important to get your tax filings right. The IRS requires all LLCs and Partnerships filing a Partnership return in the US, including offshore partnership entities, to appoint a Partnership Representative. If you do not appoint your own representative the IRS will appoint one for you and it must be a person with a substantial presence in the US; including have a US taxpayer ID number, a US telephone number and address and be able to meet in person with the IRS at a reasonable time and place.
We can take this burden away from you. With 9 offices across the US in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte Costa Mesa, New Jersey, New York, Portland and San Francisco, we can offer local expertise complemented by the pricing power and economies of scale of a global business.
- Preparation of year-end tax estimates and schedules.
- Identification and recording of tax adjustments, including awash sales, straddles and constructive sales.
- Preparation of partner tax allocations Federal Form 1065 filings and K-1S.
- Partner Representative designee services to meet new tax return requirements.