Summary of role and reporting line
To provide trust and company administration services, including proactive client contact in a professional manner and in accordance with regulatory requirements, service levels and company standards so as to meet with client expectations.
To administer an allocated portfolio of intricate clients, which could contain some key clients of the Company, working directly with the Manager responsible.
Assist in managing the team and deputising in the Manager’s absence. Act as focal point for administration and technical queries from members of the team.
To actively assist the Manager in the training and development of the team to build and develop their knowledge and enhance their career and promotion prospects.
As with any role level within our business, we are dedicated to the development of all staff.
- Assist with the mentoring, development and coaching of team members and providing feedback to the Manager;
- Where relevant support the Manager with the delegation of work whilst retaining responsibility, giving clear instructions, timeframes and providing feedback;
- Encourage a ‘can do’ positive approach, giving constructive feedback and guidance and encouraging open communication within the team;
- Maintain accurate reports of time spent on time billing modules, on a daily basis;
- Ensure all time charged is reasonable and justified; guide and encourage other team members to do the same;
- Meet centrally defined, chargeable time requirements and any other specific targets;
- Develop strong client relationships and ensure, within own portfolio, the correct work has been billed for, and work with the Manager responsible to raise fee notes on a timely basis;
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with Apex’s policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the risks involved in all business activities carried out with respect to the client base and escalate anything as per Apex’s guidelines and policies;
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory requirements, commensurate with responsibilities. Ensure that all weaknesses/incidents identified in relation to service delivery are reported to a Manager, recorded and agreed actions are properly implemented;
- Contribute to the production and maintenance of operating procedures for all the entities administered using the Company approved formats, acting as a champion for the introduction of new processes;
- Ensure all company / trust / partnership / foundation records and statutory registers are properly maintained and updated on a timely basis in the relevant systems, including preparation of letters, minutes or any other documents;
- Accurately draft, prepare and review relevant documentation (e.g. compliance files, minutes, forms and documents for the JFSC) and systems (dynamics, banking systems) for the set up / closure of entities;
- Take responsibility for the organisation of trustee meetings / board meetings, preparation and distribution of accurate board packs to Directors. Attendance at meetings, and actively contribute to discussions and prepare or review draft minutes;
- Prepare accurately all necessary returns / reports to the various authorities, including annual return, regulatory returns and any other ongoing statutory obligations;
- Carry out all other company secretarial and trustee activities in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Complete and manage the clearance of any client reviews using appropriate checklists in accordance with the agreed timeframe;
- Ensure investment reviews, are completed using appropriate checklists in accordance with the agreed timeframe;
- Have a good understanding of tax issues (e.g. IHT, CGT) in relation to all client portfolios administered to enable you to provide a full service to the client;
- Maintain a clear understanding of the client’s requirements and expectations; ensuring there is regular and open communication as required and escalate to the Manager / Senior Manager any problems identified;
- Ensure that client reports (all correspondence, accounts, investor information etc) are produced to a high standard of accuracy, using approved templates, and distributed in accordance with agreed service levels;
- Be the first point of contact with intermediaries, third parties and key client contacts working to develop an open and honest relationship. Be involved with all steps of the client acceptance process, and look at other services we could provide to the clients and opportunities for the business;
- Generate and check banking instructions;
- Acting as a delegate signatory on client bank accounts;
- Manage work status, conflicting priorities, workload, utilising resources, as necessary to manage client / management expectations ensuring excellent client service.; retaining full responsibility for own work including meeting deadlines where necessary;
- Assist the Manager in ensuring that appropriate cover for absences is in place, and that colleagues are fully briefed prior to any personal absence from the office. Demonstrate ability to provide cover in the absence of the Manager.
- Assist manager on projects.